Agrigento and its Valley of the Temples are once again the scenarios of the rich program of the Almond Blossom Festival 2023: from 5 to 12 March!The 75th Edition of the Festival will be a great moment to visit Agrigento and discover its 2600 years of history, so here you are:
In fact, right between the streets of the historic center of Agrigento and the Archaeological Park of the Valley of the Temples, numerous cultural events are scheduled with parades, performances by groups from various countries of the world, concerts, bands, theatrical performances, show cooking and much other. After 3 years forced to stop due to the pandemic, this year will be an extraordinary edition: 22 folk groups from all over the world, 10 groups of the Children in The World Festival, as well as Sicilian folk groups and Sicilian carts will arrive in Agrigento and in the magical scenery of the Valley of the Temples to celebrate the universal values of harmony and peace among the peoples of the world.
Here are the main events of the Almond Blossom Festival:
- Historic Center – Sunday 5 and 12 March, 10:00: Parades of Folk Groups and Children of the World from Piazza Vittorio Emanuele to Viale della Vittoria with exhibition in Piazza Cavour.
- Valley of the Temples – Tuesday 7 March, 5.00 pm: Lighting of the Tripod of Friendship in front of the Temple of Concordia.
- Historic Center – Friday 10 March, 5.00 pm: Torchlight Procession of Friendship along via Atenea and the streets of the historic center of Agrigento. The Night of Heritage will follow at 10.00 pm with itinerant ethnomusical shows.
- Valley of the Temples – Sunday 12 March, 3.00 pm: International Folklore Festival Award, final exhibition and award ceremony in front of the Temple of Concordia.
- Mandorlara – Sagra del Mandorlo a Tavola: from 1st March on the menus of some restaurants and winebars you will find special almond-based dishes and from 6th March a food space will be set up at the Monastery of Santo Spirito with tastings and show cooking to continue celebrating the delicious flavor of almond. Hours: 17:00/20:00 Days: 6 7 8 9 March.
- Ethnic music concerts on the 1st and 2nd weekend at the Pirandello Theater and in Piazza Cavour.
Nations of the participating folk groups 2023:
- ALBANIA – SAUDI ARABIA – ARMENIA – BULGARIA – CHILE – CROATIA – EGYPT – GEORGIA – GREECE – INDIA – ITALY – KENYA – KYRGYZSTAN – KOREA – MALAYSIA – MACEDONIA – POLAND – ROMANIA – SERBIA – SPAIN – THAILAND – UZBEKISTAN.
Folk groups “Children in the world” 2023:
- BULGARIA – INDIA – KOREA – LITHUANIA – MACEDONIA – MEXICO – PANAMA – PERU – SRI LANKA – TURKEY
For further details and any additions or modifications, please consult the official programme: have fun!